Friday 29 June 2018

Brown Hare

I'm thrilled to have seen a hare - not only seen, but was able to watch her for ten minutes whilst she grazed along the open field, about 15 yards away from me. I was standing on the step-ladder in my 'hide' when she just appeared on the right. She would walk a step with her front legs and then the back legs would catch up with a hop. She had the most amazing ears; huge, with black tips and dark inside, and they were almost constantly moving, scanning around, and she frequently put her head up, making the most of her almost 360 degree vision.
The time was 9.50pm - quite late, but still bright out in the field. Didn't have my camera with me!
I filled in a sightings form for the Hare Preservation people, and had a couple of friendly and informative emails from them.
(...and, by the way, it is still SO hot...!)

No comments:

Post a Comment