Thursday 9 June 2016

Lupin, Clematis and Welsh Poppies

This pink lupin must be about 18 years old  so it's doing really well.  I counted 20 primary flower spikes on it.  It comes up very reliably in spite of growing between rocks which hide colonies of slugs and snails.  Maybe they don't like the mint, which also grows there.  The pink in the shrubs behind is Weigela.
Another pink flower, but in a lovely soft old fashioned shade, is the semi double clematis called Broughton Star, which is climbing and tumbling all over the wall - one of the few plants I have ever bought from a nursery.
The yellow Welsh poppies have seeded all over the garden in semi shade, they are so pretty and there are a few in a soft orange colour.  I have been looking up whether I can eat the seeds - I've been buying poppy seeds to put into a loaf I make, and these flowers will produce millions!



No comments:

Post a Comment